Conure Castle
Have a conure? Getting a conure? Maybe you just love conures? Well, then this is the forum for you!
Conure Parrots 178556417Conure Parrots 3544254378

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Conure Castle
Have a conure? Getting a conure? Maybe you just love conures? Well, then this is the forum for you!
Conure Parrots 178556417Conure Parrots 3544254378
Conure Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Merry Christmas!
Conure Parrots EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm by Maddy

» Peatree's Christmas Pictures
Conure Parrots EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 pm by Maddy

» Presents!
Conure Parrots EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:18 pm by Maddy

» Smilies
Conure Parrots EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:38 am by Maddy

» Pretty Bird Paintings Holiday Sale
Conure Parrots EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:36 am by Maddy

» Holiday Smilies
Conure Parrots EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:35 am by Maddy

» General Chat
Conure Parrots EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:26 am by Maddy

» December COTM
Conure Parrots EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:25 am by Maddy

» Rate the Thing Above you!
Conure Parrots EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm by Maddy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Conure Parrots

2 posters

Go down

Conure Parrots Empty Conure Parrots

Post by ConureCrazy Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Conure Parrots .com!

General Information:

Conures are a group of small to medium-sized parrots native to Central and South America. They are among the worlds most colorful and playful parrots kept in captivity. Conures are known for their excellent personalities and their comical antics and often referred as the clowns of the parrot family.

Conures are capable of learning to talk and can be taught tricks and are appropriate both for beginner or experienced bird owners. Unlike most parrots who choose to stay with only one person, conures are much more open to letting family members interact with them.
Conure Parrots Jendaycharlie

Fast Facts:
Life Span: 15 to 25 years
Talking ability: Moderate
Noise level: Loud (Aratinga genus), Moderate (Pyrrhura genus)
Breeding ability: Good
Number of eggs: 4-5
Incubation: 24 to 28 days
Sexing: DNA or Surgical
Diet: Pellets, fruits, vegetables, and nuts
Compatibility with other bird: Excellent
Age at Maturity: 1-3 years (the smaller Conures species mature more quickly)
Conures as Pets
Of all pets available the most intelligent are parrots. Parrots are the only animal that is capable of human speech; this is indicative how intelligent they are. Unfortunately many parrots owners fail to understand is that parrot may not be simply repeating what they have been trained to say, but may actually understand what they are saying. It is this incredible intelligence that makes owning a parrot a uniquely experience.

Parrots are also among the most long-lived of pets. Depending on the species and the care your conure receives a well cared for pet conure can live up to 20 to 35 years or more. It is a lifelong commitment to provide them with companionship and care. Parrots are complex creatures that need plenty of patience, understanding and attention from their owners. They are very friendly and playful when given adequate attention and quality time. They depend on us for their good health and happiness, and we rely on them for comfort and enjoyment.
ConureCrazy
ConureCrazy
Head Conure
Head Conure

http://cockatielcove.bigboardlive.com

Back to top Go down

Conure Parrots Empty Re: Conure Parrots

Post by Cinnyluver Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Just a reminder that not all conures are the same! Do not get a bird expecting it to be just as described online. Juni, my mitred is NOT a family pet at all. He attacks everyone but me and is ultra bonded to me. He does not get along with any other birds. He has seriously injured a few of my other birds. Juni is definitely not a beginners bird. He bites, screams, chews, and needs hours of attention to be happy. He also needs to be very closely monitored a round other birds and people at all times.
I'm not saying all conures are like this...Curi my green cheek is family friendly, loves playing nicely with other birds, and is pretty much everything described in the text. Smile
Cinnyluver
Cinnyluver
Head Conure
Head Conure

http://parrotpicasso.webs.com/

Back to top Go down